Friday, September 24, 2004

Hot Grrls in the city

Okay, so T-Daddy wins the big pretty prize. Stop commenting!!! Pretty pretty prizes only come to those who wait.

Turns out I'm not very good at keeping promises (shock and awe from all who know me.) I promised that I would try to post more regularly, but I also promised that I would not finish off the rest of the brie cheese wheel that I served to my knitting circle last night. Yet somehow I have a belly full of cheese and haven't posted a darn thing since Monday.

As I mentioned above the third official meeting of the "Hot Grrls Sweat Shop" occured at my house last night. The name is all Jeph's fault. Whenever we hang out the four of us always talk about knitting and inevitably someone whips out their latest project. Once when we were hanging out at Jeph's apartment he surveyed girls wielding yarn and sticks on his futon and deemed that he should re-christen his apartment "hot girl sweatshop." We decided we might as well make it official with a regular weekly meeting. While we have yet to recruit any small vietnamese children to join our group, Kathie Lee Gifford is in talks to sell our goods at K-Mart.


Apart from a small incedent involving a guy walking up to the screened in porch where we were knitting and asking us to give him old clothes because he had just walked out of a house on fire. The guy then lifted up his shirt and pressed his torso up against the glass door, revealing some very gnarly but completely healed scars. He left when we told him to, but it was kinda scary because no one cares about our street enough to install street lights, making it so dark outside that none of us saw him coming until he was standing directly in front of us. Oh, the joys of city living.



6 Comments:

Blogger bexx said...

if any atlanta craft kids are reading joy's blog, you are invited to join us on wednesday nights. we are doing a pretty good job of meeting regularly, being that we're all semi-slackers (yes, even sarah slacks SOMETIMES), and 3/4 of us are 9-to-5ers. and knitting is not just for gals, either, so boys are welcome to attend. bring wine and cheese. oh and it's not just knitting, either. we talk about a variety of crafts ranging from crochet and quilting to dog training. and of course, we all talk about our latest obsessions, be it boys, grrls, celebrities, web pages, fashion, dogs, cats, beer, cheese, etc.

September 27, 2004 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Tom Todaro said...

Cool; thanks Bexx. I've been looking for a group exactly like this. Perfect! See y'all Wednesday!

September 28, 2004 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Tom Todaro said...

I was going to bring my chainsaw for a demo on pruning for Autumn. Changed my mind to "making prosciutto-wrapped shrimp, vegan style." I don't know. Any ideas?

September 29, 2004 at 2:51 AM  
Blogger bexx said...

t-daddy, you are ALWAYS welcome to knitting. maybe i can get casey to come and show us all how to whittle and play the spoons! joy, what do you think??

September 30, 2004 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Tom Todaro said...

I could give a seminar on MSG and how putting it in your dog's diet can stop the pooch from eating poop. Or I could generate discussion on how architecure plays a role in KNITTING TOGETHER THE URBAN FABRIC.

September 30, 2004 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger Tom Todaro said...

Looks like one must wait a pretty, pretty long time to get one's pretty, pretty prize. How's Ronaan?

October 2, 2004 at 2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home