Friday, September 03, 2004

scrambled eggs in bed

My lacto-ovo rejecting boyfriend made me scrambled eggs and iced coffee this morning and brought them to me in bed. Is this love? I think so.

Last night was the first night of our newly formed stitch-n-bitch. Our crafty hostess made creme brulee to accompany our knits and conversation. I swear, just cracking the sugar on the top and watching the creamy goodness ooze out is like a mini orgasm. I finished my first sweater a few weeks ago and now I'm working on making a series of arm warmers for instant gratification.

Afterward we went to the Electrosleep/Blame Game show at Lenny's. I still tend to get bored at shows, even thought both bands were great, but I guess it's good to get out in the real world every now and then to confirm that I am still in my early twenties and not the 65 year old woman that I feel is trapped inside of me. (she keeps trying to get out, the old hag)

There is a possibility that my retirement may be coming to an end. Tuesday I start a two week "trial period" workin' 9-5 as an assistant at a Modeling Agency here in the ATL. I figure I'll have to be on my best behavior and not accidentally burn the place down or shout obscenities into the telephone, if I want to pull my old lady ass out of poverty. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite fond of doing nothing, but society seems to deem that as unacceptable, so here I go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Todaro said...

Can't you just tell the guy, "good eggs?"

September 5, 2004 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger J-Bee said...

as long as you don't have cats, you can keep that inner hag on the DL. however your hagginess, I won't discourage this behavior...I want some knitted goods!

September 6, 2004 at 5:55 AM  
Blogger Auntie Sea said...

What's wrong with cats? Are two enough? Fifteen too many?
Joy, my dear, are you interested in some vintage (from my youth) hand-made knitwear? Perfect for Atlanta winters.

September 6, 2004 at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home