Friday, September 17, 2004

Sunny Days

Bexx is right, I'm a terrible blogger. Only two weeks ago, I didn't have anything better to do than play on the computer all day. But now, I can't really blog at work quite yet (i'm still trying to get them to like me), and when I get home I don't want to touch the computer. (other than looking for new knitting patterns of course:) Speaking of knitting, we had stitch & bitch at Bexx's house last night, yeah! I'm so excited about going to the fiber festival in October, I don't know what to do.

Okay so, it's 9:30 in the morning and I'm still at home because although armegeddon refused to happen last night and New Orleans is still a city, the power is out at my office, and now I have to sit around and wait until someone calls to tell me it's back on before I go in. It's really humorous to me how everyone here freaked out about a "hurricaine" even though Atlanta is basically a land locked place with the nearest shoreline being four hours away. Really we just had a lot of rain and that was it. Of course, i'm sure that the local news had their require fat lady with the unintelligible southern draw being interviewed at the Winn Dixie talkin' bout stockin' up on bottled water and canned soup, and how there is hardly any bread left.

I got an email from my beautiful faux bosnian cousin today. She's over in Sarajevo, or somewhere in the Balkans or something, actually I don't know exactly where she is although I'm sure she's told me, all I know is it ain't America, the home of the free, where everything is fair and balanced and everyone is granted equal voting rights in fair elections where it's not your money put your perseverence and hard work that lets you live the American dream, whatever yours happens to be, and you never have to worry about being persecuted as a result of your religion or lack thereof because we live in a land where there is a separation between church and state and everyone has freedom of speech.

Oh shit, nevermind. I'm moving to Bosnia. I love you Jen!!! Come home, it's great here!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger bexx said...

speaking of the american dream, capitalism, and the right to free speech and to bear arms, answer me this:

DID YOU GET THE JOB???

i'm on pins and needles. let's celebrate tonight, regardless. and start saving for vegas!

September 17, 2004 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger J-Bee said...

here in bosnia, DEM's abroad (which i can never say without giggling--dem dair politicians are really gonna fuck it up, eh?) has been very active getting all the x-pats to get there long distance voice in. they are sporting rad t-shirts- "Lick Bush." this conjures too gross an image for me, i just can't. i'll admire but not don.

September 18, 2004 at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home